Create your own lantern.
Children can make a lantern from used materials and take it to Glow event on Monday the 8th of NovemberThere the children will surround an enormous human footprint with their lanterns, which will be filmed from the air, for The Klokhuis program to visualize the size of the footprint.
1. Use the cap of the bottle to draw a circle.
2. Draw the petals.
3. Cut out the petals.
4. Cut the opening. Tip, fold your flower in half. This cuts much easier!
5. Make big and small petals, make the biggest big enough to cover the bottle.
6. Put the petals around the bottle.
7. Work in layers from large to small.
8. Put the end of a piece of string in the bottle
9. Twist the cap on the bottle. Make sure that on each side of the cap is a string, otherwise, your lantern will hang crooked.
10. Cut an opening for the light in your lantern.
11. Put your light in the lantern. You can choose different types to use as lighting, a flashlight, a bicycle light, a telephone…Which one do you choose?
Download step-by-step plan